Monday, June 27, 2011

Midge wearing a My Design outfit

This is an example of the fact that I don't necessarily keep the original outfit with the original doll. I do try, however, to keep as many of the pieces of the outfit together.

This is a bathing suit Midge doll that I bought in the late 1990s.

She is wearing a special edition outfit that was also sold during the late 1990s from the My Design Friend of Barbie collection.

My Design hasn't been available for several years, but it was fun. You could go on the web site and design a doll from a variety of features, skin color and hair color.

You had to wait for the doll to be shipped and it was a little pricey, which is why I ordered only one for myself and one for my daughter. When I did My Design, I ordered a doll with short brown hair.

You could also download and save the jpg image as if you had made a paper doll. The collection of "paper doll" images I had saved in my computer files helped me ID this outfit, by the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment