Sunday, June 19, 2011

The doll birthday cake

I played with my childhood dolls for a long time, and started my current fashion doll collection in 1995.

But there was only one year (so far) in which I had a doll birthday cake. This was in 2009. I asked my sister, who had started her cake design hobby, whether she would take on a doll cake.

I found the doll pick at Crafts 2000 in Monroe, Mich. My sister had a cake pan that would be suitable for the skirt, and her creativity took over.

My sister actually made two doll cakes for me that year so she could practice the design and construction. That worked out fine because my birthday celebrations had to be split up over two days with different people.

This is me with one of the two cakes. The purple skirt and music notes are a salute to the high school my sister and I attended. We were both in the marching band. The school's colors are purple and white.

No comments:

Post a Comment