Monday, June 27, 2011

Barbie Basics: Decisions, decisions

I have been admiring the second run of the Barbie Basics dolls. They are the perfect dolls for adult collectors such as myself who enjoy realistic details instead of, shall we say "pink box" dolls.

I've narrowed the choice down to two.

The one on the left looks as close to me as a Barbie doll can be. She has brown hair with highlights (I admit my brown hair has gray streaks!) and the haircut is pretty much the style I wear now. Just put some glasses on her and she can be cast as Paula.

The blonde girl is a surprising choice for me. I shy away from the blondes. They are so, well, so stereotypical Barbie.

But this one kind of "clicks" with me. I'm even thinking about what her hair might look like if it was styled differently.

The dolls are $20 each at the Wal-Mart in Monroe, Mich. I don't plan to buy both at once. I've already spent a good chunk of money on doll clothes this month.

So I'm trying to decide which one I want first, and which one will wait for later. (Maybe I'll get lucky and find a clearance sale on the second doll!)

No comments:

Post a Comment