Sunday, November 20, 2011

Black Friday Shopper Barbie (OOAK)

I have created very few "one of a kind" outfits because I just can't do the tiny sewing. But I do have a great collection of dolls, accessories and outfits that I do arrange into OOAK displays!

So in that spirit, here is my Black Friday Shopper Barbie display. The shopping bag is from a 1997 Wal-Mart Shopping Time Barbie. The green sweatshirt and backpack are from one of the Fashion Avenue collections of the 1990s; although the jeans are from another outfit pack. The doll was purchased late 1990s. The pink tree is a purchase this season from Hobby Lobby.


 
This is the first time I've done this scene.

My daughter figured out the theme right away -- but her follow-up comment was that I gave the doll the wrong pair of shoes. She pointed out that the doll should have flat-soled sneakers rather than stylish heeled sneakers. You can't run, after all, in the heeled shoes.

By the way, if I was trying to depict myself on Black Friday, she wouldn't have a shopping bag. She would have the iPhone, a camera or video camera and a business bag as her props.

Yes, I cover the Black Friday shopping madness for my newspaper. I find it far more entertaining to be the reporter than to be one of the shoppers.

No comments:

Post a Comment