Friday, June 8, 2012

How to annoy your co-workers with just one Barbie doll

This just for fun post requires an explanation.

I live near Detroit and most of my co-workers are avid Detroit Tigers fans.

They have learned over the years that I root for Cleveland sports teams.

To make that point on a week in which Detroit Tigers and Cleveland Indians played each other in Major League Baseball, I posted this doll display at my desk.

Ooh, it's been quite a while since I've heard so many snarky comments about a doll display.

My comeback line is that if they can find me a Detroit Tigers doll outfit, I will happily play along and put that one on display sometime.

So far, we haven't found one.

This Cleveland Indians outfit came from a craft show in northeast Ohio about five years ago, and cost me only $1. It was one of several doll outfits I bought that day. Yes, one of the others was a Cleveland Browns dress.

It'll be traded out for a pageant doll soon enough. My pageant friends are in state competitions next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment