Saturday, September 17, 2011

The dolls that don't go on my desk

Here is a snapshot of the majority of my international / Dolls of the World. There are about 15 you don't see in the photo because, well, I need more shelving.


These are the dolls that don't go on my desk in the newsroom.

Most of them are not worth much - even if I had kept them in their boxes, which, I don't and that allows me to find dolls on the cheap. The known exception is Princess of the Nile doll, which is worth about $65. That surprised me greatly when I thought that would be fun to showcase that doll in honor of Elizabeth Taylor.

The reason these dolls stay at home is that the international dolls started my collection; and there's a lot of time and effort put into assembling this set. I still have a few gaps in the early years and with at least one of the known variations.

The separate pink box doll collection started specifically so I could put a doll on my desk.

No comments:

Post a Comment